How are the CEC Awards different from other awards recognising environmental initiatives?
There is a diversity of environment communication around us in the print, on the television, there are campaigns or communication programmes on the ground, on the internet, coming into our homes and offices via the radio. Surrounded as we are by this diversity, we must make a choice. Which is the one with a distinct voice and a constructive impact? Which is the work that is ingenious, innovative, and impactful? Has it raised awareness and piqued curiosity on the subject? Has it been able to sensitise people and trigger a thought process towards a sustainable lifestyle? Or has it actually engendered behaviour change towards positive environmental action? CEC Awards will uphold and award such diverse and distinct gamechangers.
- I have a group of friends working for environmental awareness. Are we eligible to participate?
Please look at the terms and conditions to see if your initiative meets the criteria and you have the relevant information as required in the entry form.
- Is there any age group for participation?
No, there is no specific age group for participation. Your entry must meet the criteria as set out in the terms and conditions and must be validated by documents as listed in the entry form.
- What is the last date for entries?
Friday, September 15, 2023
Final Call for Entry
Sunday, October 15, 2023
- Can I participate in more than one category?
Yes, you may. Kindly choose the relevant categories for your initiatives and provide the relevant documents as listed in the entry form for your multiple initiatives.
- I am not sure about the appropriate theme for my entry.
You can choose the theme you think is relevant. If not found appropriate while screening the entries, we will enter it in the relevant category for you.
- I have a different type of initiative not mentioned in your list. How do I enter?
You can choose the theme and category you think is relevant. During the screening of the entires, if CEC considers your entry eligible for the Awards, we will place it in the relevant category under the relevant theme.
- My initiative is innovative but it may not be targeting any behaviours. Is it eligible for the Awards?
Yes, it is. If your initiative has raised awareness and piqued curiosity on the subject or it has sensitised people and triggered a thought process towards a sustainable lifestyle, it is eligible.
- What does the term “Authorisation” mean?
If the initiative is not self-funded and is funded or supported by an organisation or organisations, then you need to obtain permission from that particular organisation/ s to be able to use the material and apply for this award.
- What does the award consist of?
The award consists of a glittering trophy and a citation.
- I am not an Indian citizen but the initiative is based in India/ looks at India’s environmental issues. Can I participate?
Yes you may. The entrant must be an Indian citizen or an entity that is working on an Indian environmental issue or theme related to ameliorating India’s natural environment.
- How will the entries be judged?
A panel of eminent jury persons comprising environmental experts, biodiversity/ WASH / Climate Change experts, and media and communication experts will screen the entries and take the final call on the nominees and the winners.
- Judging Parameters:
- Impact & Effectiveness
- Media Strategy
- Use of the Medium
- Achievement of Goals
- Who can I contact for help in filling up the form?
For more information, please contact: cecin.org
- Climate Change Communication Centre (C4)
- Biodiversity Communication Centre (BCC)
- Green Films Centre (GFC)
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Communication Centre (WASHCC)