Area of Expertise
The world is blindly rushing ahead on the “development” path, its dreams and ambitions fuelled by nature’s resources. But the giving-back-to nature to keep alive its self-sustaining capacities is not proportional to the natural resources being consumed in the process.
- Catalyse the international and national community of environment communication academia and practitioners to address the gap between theory and practice.
- Innovative and need-based research methodologies and conducts environment research on the state of contemporary affairs, baselines, knowledge, attitude, perceptions, practices, preferences, public engagement, awareness and behaviour, and examine the design of effective messages, impacts and assessments of the programmes.
- It is also equipped to identify and document good practices and case studies at the national or regional levels in accordance with national circumstances and capacities, and promote the sharing of such practices and information.
Campaigns and Programmes
- Design and develop environmental communication and mobilisation strategies and blend traditional and modern communication tools and channels.
- Plan and organise environmental communication campaigns and programmes.
- Strategise, promote and encourage communication programmes and projects inclusion, in formal and non-formal sectors, and across multiple disciplines.
- Encourage youth and children as part of public awareness and behaviour change communication programmes to contribute proactively towards protection, conservation, and adaptation actions.
- CEC's niche in the communication sector helps leverage the power of appropriate social media and new technologies, especially on social networking platforms noting the important and complementary role that such platforms can play in communicating environmental changes.
Develop tools, modules, training material, and methodologies to support environmental communication training and skills development through collaborative efforts and provide training programmes for groups with a key role in environmental communication, including journalists, teachers, youth, children, civil societies, and others.